Job Advertisement BIAA-ANAMED post-doctoral fellow for the SARAT Project
The British Institute at Ankara (BIAA) and the Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (ANAMED) of Koç University is searching to appoint a Post-Doc Fellow to join a project on the protection of cultural heritage in Turkey.
The Safeguarding Archaeological Assets of Turkey (SARAT) project is funded by the Cultural Protection Fund (CPF), launched by the British Council and the UK Department for Digital, Media, Culture and Sports.
The SARAT Project is carried out by the British Institute at Ankara in partnership with ANAMED and ICOM UK.
- A PhD degree in social sciences/humanities or equivalent or relevant work experience as a researcher
- University/ graduate studies background preferably in archaeology, art history, museology, cultural heritage management, social anthropology or sociology.
- Fluency in Turkish and English (oral and written)
- No restrictions in travelling to the different parts of Turkey as well as to the UK
- Ability to work in a team of which the members are located in different places
- Demonstrable presentation and organizational skills
- Previous teaching experience is required.
- Previous experience in museums and/or archaeological fieldwork projects in Turkey are a plus
Specifications and Requirements
- Project Duration: 14 months – (from February 2019 till March 2020).
- Annual Salary: 21.600 British pounds net. Social security insurance (SGK) is provided.
- Funds are available to cover the costs of required fieldwork and travels.
- The fellow will work closely with the Project Coordinator, Dr. Gül Pulhan, and under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Christina Luke, ARHA and ANAMED, Koç University
- The fellow will preferably be based in Istanbul at ANAMED.
SARAT’s main goal is to increase knowledge, capacity, and awareness about protecting Turkey’s archaeological assets. SARAT is composed of different education and research-related interconnected parts. The post-doc fellow is expected to take active part in all the aspects of SARAT Project. The main responsibility of the post-doc will regard the online course titled ‘Safeguarding and Rescue of Archaeological Assets’. The online course is hosted by Koç University’s Office of Learning and Teaching.
Within this framework, the post-doc will:
- Follow-up all the inquiries related to the online course from participants
- Will organize and offer feed-back sessions to participants
- Will be responsible for the evaluation of participants
- Will contribute to the promotion of the online course to related parties
- Will attend all staff meetings undertaken monthly either in Istanbul or Ankara
- Is expected to contribute significantly to the entire project
- Deadline for Applications: January 26th, 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately after the deadline and interviews will take place at the ANAMED premises in Beyoğlu, İstanbul (Skype interviews are possible).
- Work will commence as soon as a decision is made.
- Any inquiries related to the post can be directed at Dr. Gül Pulhan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a CV and a cover statement explaining your interest in the position and providing ideas on how you mean to contribute to the SARAT Project (max. 2 pages) to with email@example.com with “SARAT Post-Doc” in the subject line.