ANAMED and NIT Libraries Membership
Koç University’s Research Center for Antatolian Civilizations (ANAMED) and Netherlands Institute in Turkey libraries and the collections of American Research in Turkey and Turkish (ARIT) and Turkish Institute of Archaeology (TEBE) can be used by filling the Online Application Form.
In order to become a member of the ANAMED and NIT Libraries operating in Koç University Legal Entity, the following conditions must be met and the following definitions and abbreviations shall be taken as basis for these conditions.
- KU: Koç University
- ANAMED: Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations
- NIT: Netherlands Institute in Turkey
- ARIT: American Research Institute in Turkey
- TEBE: Turkish Institute of Archaeology
- ICLS: Inter Campus Loan Service
- ILL: Inter Library Loan
- Library use: Use of printed and electronic library material only in the library area.
- Borrowing rights: The right to borrow and use certain materials out of the ANAMED library. This right is only granted to the members of the Koç University and ANAMED fellows.
- KU Community Membership: Only granted to KU members and ANAMED Fellows. Provides library use to both ANAMED and NIT Libraries as well as the ARIT and TEBE collections. KU Community members can borrow materials from the ANAMED collection.
- NIT Membership: Granted to NIT staff and fellows. Provides library use to NIT Library.
- External Membership: Granted to researchers work in the related fields, who are not members of KU. Provides library use to both ANAMED and NIT Libraries as well as the ARIT and TEBE collections. Does not allow to borrow material from the ANAMED collection.
- The use and loan rights of ANAMED and NIT Libraries are defined within the framework of membership system.
- Members of Koç University and ANAMED fellows are considered as the natural members of ANAMED and NIT libraries. They do not need to apply for external membership.
- Koç University ID card holders can use both library areas, borrow materials from the ANAMED library, and benefit from library services.
- NIT members can use the NIT library without needing any further application.
- The NIT Library and the ARIT and TEBE collections do not provide a lending service. All materials belonging to these collections are for library use only. The borrowing rights and document delivery system for ANAMED Library can be seen at https://anamed.ku.edu.tr/en/library/services/
- Researchers who are not members of Koç University can benefit from the library through external membership system.
- Post-graduate researchers, academicians and independent researchers working in the fields of archaeology, anthropology, architectural history, art history, cultural heritage, cultural conservation, history, museum studies and urban studies may apply to become external members of the library.
- Application form for external membership is available online on https://kocuniversitesi.formstack.com/forms/anamed_nit_kutuphaneleri_ortak_uyelik_basvuru_formu web page.
- Following documents are needed for application except from a portrait photograph:
- Official staff ID and/or an official letter from the affiliated institution indicating the teaching activity.
For graduate / doctoral students,
- Student certificate
- Transcript (not necessarily official)
For independent researchers,
- A document describing the project,
- A letter of intent showing the needs to use at least one of the collections,
- If you are working in an institution operating in the areas mentioned above, the identity card of that institution.
For undergraduate students studying in the above mentioned fields at other universities,
- A letter of intent that explains the need to use the ANAMED and NIT collections approved by their departments.
After completing the online application form stated in the 7th condition above, the necessary documents should be uploaded to the system.
- For undergraduate students, an entry clearence will be provided without issuing an external membership card by their names, in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Incomplete applications will be ignored.
- All external members are given a library ID card. They are obliged to show their ID cards to the security in the entrance of “Merkez Han” or when they are asked by the library staff. External members may also be requested to show an official ID in case of a suspicion.
- In case of any change in the membership status or of the termination of membership due to violation of these membership conditions, the notifications will be made to members’ declared e-mail addresses. Members agree, declare and undertake that these notifications are valid and in case of any change of e-mail address, they must declare it to the library.
- External membership rights are given for 1 year. Membership is not automatically renewed when the time expires. The renewal process can be done by going to the same application form and uploading a document indicating their affiliation to their institutions, or the need to use the collections.