ANAMED and NIT Libraries Membership
Koç University's Research Center for Antatolian Civilizations (ANAMED) and Netherlands Institute in Turkey libraries and the collections of American Research in Turkey and Turkish (ARIT) and Turkish Institute of Archaeology (TEBE) can be used by filling the Application Form.
In order to become a member of the ANAMED and NIT Libraries operating in Koç University Legal Entity, the following conditions must be met and the following definitions and abbreviations shall be taken as basis for these conditions.
- KU: Koç University
- ANAMED: Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations
- NIT: Netherlands Institute in Turkey
- ARIT: American Research Institute in Turkey
- TEBE: Turkish Institute of Archaeology
- ICLS: Inter Campus Loan Service
- ILL: Inter Library Loan
- Library use: Use of printed and electronic library material only in the library area.
- Borrowing rights: The right to borrow and use certain materials out of the ANAMED library. This right is only granted to the members of the Koç University and ANAMED fellows.
- KU Community Membership: Only granted to KU members and ANAMED Fellows. Provides library use to both ANAMED and NIT Libraries as well as the ARIT and TEBE collections. KU Community members can borrow materials from the ANAMED collection.
- NIT Membership: Granted to NIT staff and fellows. Provides library use to NIT Library.
- External Membership: Granted to researchers work in the related fields, who are not members of KU. Provides library use to both ANAMED and NIT Libraries as well as the ARIT and TEBE collections. Does not allow to borrow material from the ANAMED collection.
- The use and loan rights of ANAMED and NIT Libraries are defined within the framework of membership system.
- Members of Koç University and ANAMED fellows are considered as the natural members of ANAMED and NIT libraries. They do not need to apply for external membership.
- Koç University ID card holders can use both library areas, borrow materials from the ANAMED library, and benefit from library services.
- NIT members can use the NIT library without needing any further application.
- The NIT Library and the ARIT and TEBE collections do not provide a lending service. All materials belonging to these collections are for library use only. The borrowing rights and document delivery system for ANAMED Library can be seen at https://anamed.ku.edu.tr/en/Services
- Researchers who are not members of Koç University can benefit from the library through external membership system.
- Post-graduate researchers, academicians and independent researchers working in the fields of archaeology, anthropology, architectural history, art history, cultural heritage, cultural conservation, history, museum studies and urban studies may apply to become external members of the library.
- Application form for external membership is available online on https://kocuniversitesi.formstack.com/forms/anamed_nit_kutuphaneleri_ortak_uyelik_basvuru_formu web page.
- Following documents are needed for application except from a portrait photograph:
- Official staff ID and/or an official letter from the affiliated institution indicating the teaching activity.
For graduate / doctoral students,
- Student certificate
- Transcript (not necessarily official)
For independent researchers,
- A document describing the project,
- A letter of intent showing the needs to use at least one of the collections,
- If you are working in an institution operating in the areas mentioned above, the identity card of that institution.
For undergraduate students studying in the above mentioned fields at other universities,
- A letter of intent that explains the need to use the ANAMED and NIT collections approved by their departments.
After completing the online application form stated in the 7th condition above, the necessary documents should be uploaded to the system.
- For undergraduate students, an entry clearence will be provided without issuing an external membership card by their names, in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Incomplete applications will be ignored.
- All external members are given a library ID card. They are obliged to show their ID cards to the security in the entrance of “Merkez Han” or when they are asked by the library staff. External members may also be requested to show an official ID in case of a suspicion.
- In case of any change in the membership status or of the termination of membership due to violation of these membership conditions, the notifications will be made to members’ declared e-mail addresses. Members agree, declare and undertake that these notifications are valid and in case of any change of e-mail address, they must declare it to the library.
- External membership rights are given for 1 year. Membership is not automatically renewed when the time expires. The renewal process can be done by going to the same application form and uploading a document indicating their affiliation to their institutions, or the need to use the collections.
- Members are obliged to submit their membership card to the building’s information desk every time they enter the library through the control of Merkez Han’s security procedures.
- The membership card is for personal use. It is forbidden to be used by someone else. In this case, the membership will be canceled.
- Members cannot bring occasional guests to the library.
- The ANAMED Library does not lend materials to its external members. It is forbidden to remove any material outside the library area.
- There are magnetic security strips in all of the library materials. When the alarm goes off, the members are obliged to show their bags to the library personnel.
- Users should be careful on maintaining the silence in the library. Listening to music or watching videos with high volume (even with headphones) is not allowed.
- It is forbidden to make phone calls or speak loudly in the library area and outside glass doors which do not have any sound insulation.
- The library is designated for individual study. Group works are not allowed.
- The wireless network is solely for academic purposes. It is forbidden to use the network for downloading programs or movies etc.
- Members must be careful with the library materials. It is forbidden to put any signs or give any kind of damage to the library materials.
- In case of any damage to the library materials, the user is obliged to pay the price determined by the administration.
- Users should leave the used materials on the tables. They shouldn’t try to re-shelve them. At the end of the day, materials on the tables are counted before they are shelved in order to keep internal use statistics.
- Users should leave the books they need to use another time on the "Books in Use" shelves. Which are reserved for this purpose. These shelves are being periodically emptied out in the beginning of each month.
- Lockers can be used for resigning personal belongings for one day. Keys can be asked from the building security. At the end of the day, the locker must be cleaned out and the key must be returned to the security.
- Responsibility for the belongings left outside the lockers are solely taken by the users. Library management does not take any responsibility for lost items.
- It is forbidden to consume food or beverages in the library except from closed plastic bottles and secured tumblers. Glasses are not available for the water dispenser.
- Chairs and tables cannot be reserved for the exclusive use of one person.
- All areas of the library must be kept clean and must be used carefully. Garbage and rubbish should be thrown into garbage cans.
- In case of any emergency or when an alarm goes off, the library should be evacuated immediately within the guidance of the library staff.
- Taking pictures in the library is subject to the permission of the library management.
- All users are obliged to obey the restrictions arising from copyright laws. They cannot scan or copy entire volumes.
- Users must pay attention to the warnings made by library staff.
- External membership is given for only one year. At the end of each year, external members are required to renew their membership by declaring the continuation of their affiliation or their need to use the library.
- The membership of the users who do not apply for renewal are canceled.
- Users who do not act in accordance with these rules are verbally notified by the staff. After a monitoring period, in case of the continuation of noncompliant behavior, the membership of these users are canceled.