About the Program
The Environmental Archaeology Training Program will take place at the Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (ANAMED) in Beyoğlu, Istanbul. The program is designed to introduce participants to environmental archaeology broadly, including an overview of research questions and methods, and to explore in-depth two important subfields: archaeobotany and zooarchaeology. The program will comprise lectures, hands-on practical instruction and presentations by guest scholars.
The program is open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and researchers who are engaged with Anatolian Studies. Instruction will be conducted in English, with language support for beginner English speakers (see: Requirements).
To complete your application, please fill in the Application Form and ask your recommender to submit their recommendation letter directly via e-mail to email@example.com before the deadline. (see: Applications)
There are no fees for participation in this program. Each participant selected by the program instructors based on merit, will receive a full program scholarship (see: Scholarships).
Date: 6 - 9 September 2019
Classes will take place from September 6th to 9th. These classes will include both theoretical discussions and practical applications (see: Preliminary Schedule).
● The program will feature guest lecturer(s). (TBA)
● All readings will be provided electronically. Study collections will be accessible during the course periods.
● ANAMED issues certificates to all students who successfully complete the program.
● Participants are expected to stay in the ANAMED dorms. Classes will take place in the same building.
● Lunch will be included. Students will receive vouchers to be redeemed at a restaurant nearby.
● Airfare, visa arrangements and expenses are the responsibility of each participant. However, travel scholarships will be available for domestic flights for 10 participants. (see: Scholarships) In order to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest by including an additional paragraph to your Statement of Purpose describing your needs.